"Genius is the ability to put into effect what is on your mind"
F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Production manager role is responsible for the technical management, supervision and control of our industrial production processes.
Our Production managers ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- planning and organising production schedules
- assessing project and resource requirements
- estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with clients and managers
- ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- determining quality control standards
- overseeing production processes
- re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- selecting, ordering and purchasing materials
- organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- liaising with clients and marketing and sales staff
- supervising the work of junior staff
- organising relevant training sessions
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Trade background required, ideally cabinet making with varied experience.
- Technical skills
- Project management skills
- Organisation and efficiency
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- IT and numerical skills
- Communication skills
- Team-working skills
- CAD/CAM drafting
Managers must also be able to handle responsibility and the pressure of meeting deadlines.